Youth Safety and Markmanship
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
Youth Safety and Markmanship
Our Certified Instructors will Guide Youth through Proper Firearms HandlingNow your child can learn the proper way to handle firearms from a certified firearms instructor. In this interactive class children will learn safety, firearm function/ operation, and the fundamentals with range time (shooting)! Yes,students will have the opportunity to shoot pistols and .22 long rifles.
Youth Participate in Interactive Firearm Discussions and Drills:An interactive discussion on facts and myths of firearms in TV/movies/ video games vs. firearms in real life Discussion of safety rules Scenarios on finding guns and what to do/not do when one is found
Class: Youth Safety and Markmanship
Required Gear: All equipment is provided for the student. Parents will need ear and eye protection. No open toe or heeled shoes allowed in the ranges Age Requirements:Your child must be mature enough to handle a firearm with close supervision. As a parent you know how important this is and that children will listen to an instructor more readily than they will listen to their parents. Parents are expected to have a basic understanding of firearms and firearm safety. A PARENT IS REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT WITH THEIR CHILD FOR THE ENTIRE CLASS! HOWEVER, REMEMBER THAT YOUR CHILD IS THE STUDENT – NOT YOU! Your encouragement and support of your child throughout the class is most helpful.
Age Requirement: None
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials