Tactical Carbine II
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
Tactical Carbine II
Intricate Carbine Handgun Course in Dynamic Shooting EnvironmentCarbine Tactics 2 is a fast pace, high stress, dynamic class designed to push you to the next level of firearm proficiency. Carbine Tactics 2 is the first class that integrates the skills learned in Carbine 1 and Handgun Tactics 2. You should be familiar with the skills, equipment, operations, and effective use of a handgun and carbine weapon system.
Experience Real Life Weapon EncountersCarbine Tactics 2 is above and beyond basic marksmanship practices and hyper focused on the survival of a real life and death weapons encounter. PWG will continue to develop the operator mindset with techniques involving a stressful, face paced, dynamic shooting environment. This class continues down the path of considerations such as legal, use of force and situational awareness. By the end of the course, students will able to transition from primary to secondary firearms, draw from holster, move, shoot, clear handgun and carbine malfunctions and engage targets as necessary while maintaining situational awareness. Students will be exposed to:
- Transition from Primary Firearm to Secondary Firearm
- Movement with firearms
- Tactical situations and shooting positions
- Firearm ownership
- Use of lethal force
- Proper handgun and carbine tactics
Class: Tactical Carbine II
Prerequisites: Applicants for this class should have a completed Handgun Tactics 1, Handgun Tactics 2 and Carbine Tactics 1.A working knowledgeof the weapons systems, and how to safety operate weapon systems.(Please ask if you have doubts as to whether this class is right for your current skill level.)
Required Gear: Required Handgun Gear:
- Personal Handgun (No Rentals)
- Tactical Holster – Drop Leg
- Extra magazines (4 Minimum, more the better)
- Ammunition – 500+ Rounds (Minimum)
- Tactical Gloves(Well fitting, with dexterity)
- Magazine pouches - Belt Mounted or Tactical
- Personal Carbine Rifle (No Rentals)
- Red-Dot or similar type optic
- Tactical One Point Sling
- Load Barring vest, Load barring Belt and/or Tactical Thigh (For mounting magazine pouches, and Dump pouch)
- Eye and ear protection
- Comfortable range sensible attire
- 800+ Rounds of rifle ammunition.
Age Requirement: None
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials