Tactical Carbine I
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
Tactical Carbine I
Features and Functions of Modern Carbine RiflesCarbine Tactics I is for the person interested in the mindset, tactics, skills and equipment knowledge to safely operate a tactical carbine rifle.
Learn from our Highly Skilled InstructorsThis is an entry level class that will introduce you to the operator mindset and teach the fundamental requirements for operating the carbine rifle in a variety of tactical situations and shooting positions. Threat targets will be engaged from 5 to 50 yards, with a focus on skill development and proper shooting technique. The course will develop core shooting habits and introduce challenging drills that will improve the students basic marksmanship.
Class: Tactical Carbine I
Prerequisites: Applicants must have a basic working knowledge of the weapon system and how to safely load and unload it and the required magazines.
Required Gear: Rifle carbine in .223 or .762 calibers. AR-15 platforms preferred. At least 4 extra magazines Tactical holsters/Mag pouches and/or Dump Pouch Eye & Ear protection Ammunition Requirements 800+ Rounds of rifle Ammunition All of the equipment needed for the class is available in our retail store. You can also purchase ammo from us on the day of your course.
Age Requirement: None
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials