Shotgun Tactics I
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
Shotgun Tactics I
Utilize a Shotgun Safely and EfficientlyThis course teaches the student how to effectively and safely utilize a shotgun in various applications, most notably, home defense. Upon completion of this course, the student should be proficient with the fundamentals of shooting a shotgun, weapons and ammunition selection and management, patterning, zones of fire, understanding the characteristics of target loads, buckshot, and slugs.
Develop your Shotgun Skills for Home DefenseAlso the student will have a basic understanding of applying situational tactics such as indoor and outdoor firing positions, weapon retention (i.e., how to keep your weapon from being taken by an attacker), Close Quarters Conflict (CQC), sling use, mounting from a slung position.
Class: Shotgun Tactics I
- Comfortable Clothes and shoes (close toe/heal shoe required)
- Personal service type shotgun
- 150 Rounds Buckshot
- 50 Round Slug
- Shotgun Saddle and/or Sling Rounds holder or bandolier
- Tactical Gloves (optional)
- Shotgun Sling
- Eye and Ear protection
Age Requirement: None
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials