NRA Basic Pistol
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
NRA Basic Pistol
Basic Handgun Techniques Taught by Certified ProfessionalsThe NRA Basic Pistol Course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This course is 8 hours and includes both range and classroom work. Students will learn NRA's rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; cleaning and maintenance of the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will also receive NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure and Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet. There will be a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination administered.
Receive a Firearms Certification Upon Completion
Class: NRA Basic Pistol
Prerequisites: Proper ID required and legally able to possess a firearm. Also required an open mind and a positive attitude, ready to learn.
Required Gear: Handgun (or rent ours) Eye and ear protection Sensible footwear (no open toe or open heel) Gun cleaning kit (only if bringing your own gun) 150 rounds ammunition (if renting our handgun, you will need to purchase our ammunition as well)
Age Requirement: None
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials