Introduction to Handguns
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
Introduction to Handguns
Beginner Handgun Class that is Fun and InformativeThis course is intended for the individual with little or no firearms experience at all. There is not a great deal of range time in this class. This class is designed to set the groundwork for safe pistol handling. This class will teach you all the basics, from handgun cleaning to definitions of terms to explaining the difference between a revolver and a semi-automatic. This is a great opportunity for a beginner to ask questions, get answers, and learn in a non-threatening environment.
Get Comfortable Using a HandgunThis will be a very FUN and informative class. There will be some time for some one-on-one instruction and if you want to, there will be some time on the range to shoot a revolver and semi-automatic that you had learned about in the class (however, you will not be forced to shoot if you are not ready!) The successful completion of this course will give you the basic foundation to start an exciting journey through the handgun and other firearms courses offered by Poway Weapons & Gear.
Class: Introduction to Handguns
Length: 3 Hours
Prerequisites: An open mind!
Required Gear: Comfortable clothes and shoes. Personal handgun if you own one, otherwise we will provide firearms, ammunition and targets
Age Requirement: 14 Years of age
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials