Intro to Shotgun
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
Intro to Shotgun
Start your Firearms Journey with Our Beginner Shotgun Class
Learn Shotgun Safety from our ProfessionalsThis course is intended for the individual with little or no shotgun experience but has the desire to use a shotgun for self-defense in the home. Students will be exposed to safe handling of a shotgun, basic operations of a shotgun, nomenclature and basic home defense with a shotgun. During the lecture portion, you will also cover legal aspects of deadly force and how it relates to personal protection. This is a great opportunity for beginners to ask questions, get answers, and learn in a non-threatening environment. This is a fun and very informative class. There will be sometime for one-on-one instruction and time on the range. You will not be forced to shoot, however this is a perfect opportunity to practice the skills learned in the class under the supervision of our outstanding staff. This completion of this course will give you the basic foundation to start an exciting journey through shotguns and other firearms course offered by Poway Weapons & Gear. Age Requirements: 16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Class: Intro to Shotgun
Required Gear: Personal Shotgun (Limited rentals are available) Comfortable, close heel, close toe shoes Comfortable range appropriate cloths We'll provide: Ammunition (12 GA) - 10 rounds of Slug and 10 Rounds of 00 buck Targets Eyes and Ears protection
Age Requirement: None
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials