Handgun Tactics II
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
Handgun Tactics II
Advanced Handgun Class for Real Shooting SituationsThe Handgun Tactics II course picks up where Handgun I left off. Students now familiar and skilled at the operation and loading of their handgun launch off into holster drawing techniques, movement and more firearm manipulations. This class is designed for anyone with an interest in the safe and effective use of handguns above and beyond basic marksmanship practice, much more focused on the survival of a real life and death weapons encounter. The class continues down the path of considerations such as legal, use of force and situational preparedness. This is a fast paced class and prior Handguns I or similar training should be taken. Students not prepared for this class, with prior training, will find themselves very disappointed by taking the class and not able to keep up. Class instruction and techniques involve stressful, fast passed and dynamic shooting environments.
Previous Knowledge in Handgun Tactics is NecessaryBy the end of the course the student will be able to draw, move, shoot, load reload and engage targets as necessary while maintaining situational awareness. Topics Covered: Drawing from a holster, movement with firearms, firearms safety,California firearms law with respect to handguns, firearms ownership, and use of lethal force Fundamentals of proper handgun tactics, proper selection of firearms, ammunition, and accessories, Live fire on shooting range focused on weapons tactics, proper mindset for survival in a shooting situation
Class: Handgun Tactics II
Length: 1 Day – Approximately 8 hours of training
Prerequisites: Applicants for this class should have a minimum of Handgun Tactics I or other similar training that supports loading, reloading and fast paced operation of a handgun. Please ask if you have doubts as to whether this class is right for your current skill level.
Required Gear: Personal Handgun (no rental guns) Personal Holster –Belt Mounted or tactical Minimum of two magazines. Four+ magazines preferable Magazine carrier- Belt mounted or tactical Eye & Ear Protection Dump Pouch (Highly recommended) Ammunition: 500+ Rounds of Ammunition (Call the range for student Pricing on bulk ammo)
Age Requirement: None
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials