Handgun Tactics 1
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
Handgun Tactics 1
Learn Proper Handgun Tactics to Defend YourselfThe Handgun Tactics I course is designed for anyone with an interest in the safe and effective use of handguns above and beyond basic marksmanship practice. This class will open the door for those wanting to be able to use their handgun in defensive situations, should it ever be necessary. This training will take a basic firearms owner and expose them, not only to life and death defense situations with their handgun, but operating their handgun in stressful, fast paced environments.
Use your Handgun Safely and Effectively in Stressful SituationsBy the end of the course, the student will be able to; draw and holster, load and reload, and engage targets as necessary, all while maintaining situational awareness. Topics Covered: Basic firearms safety California firearms law with respect to handguns, firearms ownership, and use of lethal force Fundamentals of proper handgun tactics Proper selection of firearms, ammunition, and accessories Live fire on shooting range focused on weapons tactics Proper mindset for survival in a shooting situation
Class: Handgun Tactics 1
Prerequisites: Applicants for this class should have a basic understanding of handgun safety and marksmanship. Applicant should be able to perform basic target shooting as well as able to demonstrate loading and reloading of magazines into the weapon.
Required Gear: Personal Handgun (no rental guns) Minimum of two magazines Eye & Ear Protection 300+ Rounds of Ammunition
Age Requirement: None
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials