Defensive Handgun lll
Poway Weapons & Gear Training Presents
Defensive Handgun lll
Enhance your Handgun Skills for Self-DefenseThe Defensive Handgun track is perfect for the shooter who wants to be more proficient, comfortable, and learn to be more reliable when defending themselves and their families with a firearm.
Defensive Handgun 3 is designed for the beginning level shooter that wants to expand on basic skills and fundamentals taught in prior classes. This class is designed for students who are interested in the safe and effective use of a handgun for self-defense. Students will learn new and reinforce prior class skills which are critical in a defensive situation. Students will also be exposed to using their firearms in controlled, but stressful environments.
Beginner Shooters Learn Basic Defensive Handgun Tactics
Topics covered and skills reinforced:
- 1. Refresh Subjects from Defensive Handgun 1 and 2
- 2. Introduction of 4 Step Draw
- 3. Introduction to Type 3 Malfunction
- 4. Type of Holsters
- 5. Threat assessment
- 6. Discussion on Concealment vs Cover
- 7. California law
- 8. Use of lethal force
- 9. Proper Mindset for survival
Class: Defensive Handgun lll
Length: 4 hours
Applicants for this class should have a basic understanding of handgun safety, marksmanship and successful completion of Defensive handgun. Applicants should be able to perform basic target shooting, as well demonstrate loading and reloading of magazines into the firearm.
This class is recommended after taking Defensive Handgun 1 and Defensive Handgun 2
- Personal Full Size Semi-Automatic Handgun (No Rentals)
- Out of the waistband holster – Belt mounted or Tactical
- Minimum of 4 Magazines
- Magazine pouch
- Properly fitting belt
- 300 Rounds of ammunition
- Range sensible clothing (Closed toe/ closed heal shoes. No high heels and no tank tops)
Age Requirement: 18 and Older
16 to 17 years old can take the course unaccompanied. (Parent or guardian must be onsite, guardian or parental waiver signed, but they do not need to be in the same course or on the same range.) Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent MUST have taken this exact course before, work with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only one child.
Poway Weapons and Gear Range reserves the right to cancel any event. In the event of cancellation by PWG, participants will have the option of being move to the next scheduled event or receive a full refund of registration fee. Poway Weapons and Gear Range is not responsible for any other expenses or possible damages incurred.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to the training event in order to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received 5 Business days or more in advance of the scheduled class will received a full refund.
- Cancellation of class reservation less than 5 Business days before the scheduled and prior to the start of the class will result in store credit or scheduling into a future class
- Students are eligible to reschedule to another class until the beginning of the class they are scheduled to attend.
- Failure to attend the class (no-show), without making prior arrangements with training staff, will result in forfeiting the entire registration fee.
- We understand mitigating circumstance can affect attendance. Each circumstance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- These above policies apply to all Poway Weapons and Gear Training Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding training materials